So if for some reason you haven’t heard already, Peter Capaldi is the Twelfth Doctor! If you don’t know who he is, you’re not the only one. However this time he’s not exactly an unknown, having been nominated for a few dozen awards and winning a few, including an Oscar.
He’s also starred in Doctor Who previously as Caecillius in ‘The Fires of Pompeii’, joining the likes of Freema Agyeman and Karen Gillian as ‘actors used in an episode that were used again for a totally different major role’. He’s also the first one I have no doubts will be good; not because of his history, but because past experience has shown that they don’t pick bad actors to be the Doctor.
As a side note to the people who think the Doctor should’ve been black or a woman and feel they’re under-represented in the show:
- Rose Tyler saved the Doctor by absorbing the Time Vortex
- Martha Jones (black and a woman), essentially hiked around the world to tell everyone to think the Doctor’s name at one precise moment.
- Donna Noble literally saved the entire universe.
- Mickie Smith helped lead the fight against the Cybermen in an alternate reality, then came back and went freelance here.
- Clara Oswin literally walked into the Doctor’s time stream.
So please don’t say black people or women are under-represented. It’s just silly.
Have a good evening 😀