You’d be surprised by how much you can get by just asking, whether that’s tangible things like food or money, or things like help, advice, and guidance. It can be one of the hardest things to do, but it can also help you hugely.
Here’s some of the things I’ve gotten over the years by asking:
- My first ever job
- Financial help from friends for food and groceries when the family’s in a tough spot
- Free printing and postage
- Strong career advice
- Free tickets to see my favourite local band
- A place on a bookkeeping course to upskill for free
- A guest spot on someone elses blog
- Free pizza thanks to a kind redditor
- Leniancy with my phone provider with a bill
So next time you’re in a real tough spot, or need help and advice, just ask for it. You might be surprised by what you get.
Have a great Saturday