A list of people who are able to claim benefits a.k.a taxpayer’s money

I see far too many people ranting on about the amount of immigrants who ‘come over here for taxpayers money’. Ironically, some of them are on benefits. So I thought I’d make a list of other people who can claim for a piece of the pie.

  • If you’ve recently lost someone, and have a low income, you may be able to claim Funeral Payments, which includes the cost of the burial, and up to £700 in funeral expenses, like flowers.
  • As long as you’re not in prison and neither of you are retired, you can claim a £2,000 tax free Bereavement Payment for losing your husband/wife/civil partner.
  • If you’re 45 or over, you can also claim a Bereavement Allowance, assuming they late partner payed his NI, you’re not bringing up children or in prison etc, which is paid into your account weekly for 52 weeks.
  • If you’re the Guardian for a child who has lost their parents, you can claim £15.90 per week per child in Guardian’s Allowance.
  • If you’re a widow/widower of a member of the armed forces who fought in WWII and died before 2005, you can claim a War Widow/Widower pension.
  • If you’re a widow/widower with a dependant child, you can claim £108.30 per week.
  • If you’re on certain benefits and having your first child, you can get £500 as a Maternity Grant.
  • If you’re on low income, you’re children can get Free School Meals.
  • If you work and have kids, you can claim up to £210 for child care. If you’re in full time education its slightly more, and you can also claim up to £1,508 to help with books etc.
  • If you’re caring for someone for at least 20 hours per week, you can get you NI contributions paid for.
  • If you’re a parent, you can also claim child tax credits.
  • Of course, there is JSA, ESA, pensions, and the budgeting loans, that go to the unemployed of this country.
  • If you worked in the coal mines (the one’s Mrs Thatcher closed down) and contracted pneumoconiosis you can claim compensation.

Not to mention the police, emergency workers, medical staff, MPs, councillors, local councils and the things they fund, roads, prisons and prison workers, etc.

Not to mention you have to meet certain criteria to come into the UK and claim benefits (you can’t claim JSA if you’re not looking for work you can realistically get for example.

Have I perhaps made my point?


Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in News, Opinions, Thoughts and ramblings

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: